- Series Rules/Scoring
- Preregister for each individual race separately or just show up. There is no combined series registration. Please refer to the Race Registration page in the menu above.
- Check on each race site (see menu above for links for schedules, etc) for race times and details. They will be different.
- Racers will use the same number plate for all races in the series. So, please retain your number plate and let the registration volunteer at each race know what your number is when you check in. The plate must be placed on the front of your handlebars.
- Be nice to people
- Bring a CX or Mountain Bike. If you bring a mountain bike it can NOT have bar ends.
- Figure out what category(s) you are supposed to race in.
- Pay entry fee
- Racers are allowed to race in as many categories as the day’s race schedule allows, as long as they qualify. For example, A 42 year old male may choose to race in the men’s masters 40+ race and the men’s singlespeed race, but he cannot race in the Junior Girls 14 and under race, regardless of how much heckling and audience entertainment that would generate.
- Race category upgrades are allowed during the series; however, series points CANNOT be transferred between categories. Points earned will apply only to the race category in which they are earned.
- Riders earn points for the race(s)in which they participate (e.g. if you are racing in the masters 40+ race but are recognized as a category 2 racer by a particular racing organization, your points are applied to the masters 40+ category,not category 2).
- Start line call ups reflect series standings. The top 8 racers will be called up in each category. The promoter of each event reserves the right to call up more than the top 8; however, riders further down the standings will not supplant no-shows from the top 8.
- The series leader in each category will wear the series leader helmet cover while racing (see item 6 under scoring below).
- Race with out cheating
- Drink beer or other favorite beverage
- While not racing, heckle riders on course (nicely of course)
- While racing, if you have the aerobic capacity to heckle other riders (or even spectators), shut up and go harder. If you can talk you are not going hard enough.
- Drive home safely
- Promoters reserve the right to change the rules at any point to make things safer or more fair, disqualify any competitor for unsportsmanlike like behavior, combine or eliminate categories, or gift entry fees.
- Mostly, we want everyone to have fun and ride safely.
- The top three finishers in each category will be recognized on the podium at the Wild West CX Series Finals at Rolling Thunder in Missoula, Montana.
- In the case of a tie in the final overall results, the most recent result will be the tiebreaker.
- Participation in only one race is required to qualify for the series overall point total.
- Final overall results will be calculated from the the top 6 of 7 race results for each racer in each category. No results will be dropped in instances where fewer than 7 races are logged.
- The top three series leaders will be recognized on the Sunday podium at each venue prior to the final race in Missoula, Montana.
- The series leader in each category will wear the coveted Wild West helmet cover as long as he/she can defend it.
- Each race finisher placing 11th or lower earns 1 point.